Eh, so I watched the webinar.

 Nothing new was discussed. Apparently the traditional embargo about research
that is about to be published holds.

 Perhaps they scheduled things before they realized that, or perhaps some other
issue dictated the timing.

 As it is, we really only learned that

 1) Bobby Roth's brother is gay and is a TM teacher and that HE spearheaded the
formation of the new HIV branch of the DLF;

 2) many people with HIV who have learned TM apparently are enthusiastic about
it.

 It IS significant in one sense though: it puts the DLF and by extension, the
TM organization, squarely in the "it's ok if you are gay" camp, which is a huge
change the stance the higher ups in the TMO has had for many decades,
apparently.

 They announced a project to have the DLF teach 10,000 people with HIV to
meditation, which is also significant, and took a firm stance encouraging
research on TM and HIV.

 Inspirational, I guess, but not earth-shattering.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <LEnglish5@...> wrote :

 Unless, of course, it works, and works well.

 The webinar is supposed to be talking about new research. Apparently it has
been accepted for publication but not yet published. I thought that many
journals put an embargo on such discussions once teh research is accepted until
such time as it is published, but perhaps this particular journal doesn't have
that restriction.

 If it's just the findings indicated below, I don't see what the fuss is about
as those are pretty much what you would expect the effects of TM to be in any
severely stressed out population.
 Perhaps AIDS patients are so unhealthy overall that such improvements are
extremely relevant to the community, or perhaps there's some new types of
effects that will be revealed.

 Regardless, since the DLF teaches TM for free to the groups it caters to, I
don't see how you can claim they're "a bunch of shameless sons of bitches"
-they're not targeting the HIV sufferers, but other people, AND, the DLF is not
paying full price for TM instruction, either.

 And HIV positive means someone has a viral infection. Even if a person is
symptom-free, that doesn't mean that they have been cured of HIV and there's no
possible way of reading any claim on the DLF website that I could find that
says that TM cures HIV.

 HIV http://davidlynchfoundation.org/hiv.html

 http://davidlynchfoundation.org/hiv.html

 HIV http://davidlynchfoundation.org/hiv.html Our Foundation was established to
ensure that any child in America who wants to learn and practice the
Transcendental Meditation program ca...

 View on davidlynchfo... http://davidlynchfoundation.org/hiv.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 Scientific research on HIV-positive individuals practicing TM has shown:
 51% decrease in HIV-related physical problems 43% increase in vitality 42%
improvement in general health 27% decrease in perceived stress 22% improvement
in emotional well being 38% reduction in anxiety 36% reduction in anger and
hostility 39% decrease in depressive symptom

 They aren't claiming TM will cure HIV, but they are edging too close for my
comfort. Targeting the most vulnerable populations to garner donations from
everyone stupid enough to believe their spiel. What a bunch of shameless sons
of bitches.

 http://hiv.davidlynchfoundation.org/ http://hiv.davidlynchfoundation.org/

 http://hiv.davidlynchfoundation.org/";
class="ygrps-yiv-2132973606ygrps-yiv-676216112link-enhancr-card-urlWrapper
ygrps-yiv-2132973606ygrps-yiv-676216112link-enhancr-element

 TRANSCENDING HIV/AIDS http://hiv.davidlynchfoundation.org/ About The Webinar

 View on hiv.davidlynchfoundatio... http://hiv.davidlynchfoundation.org/
 Preview by Yahoo

  • [FairfieldLife]... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]