If I wind up posting less than normal during the next week (can I get a
"Hallelujah, Lord from the chorus?"), it's because there seems to be a film
festival in my town, only a few blocks from where I live. I think I missed it
last year because I was in Paris.

Leiden International Film Festival

Leiden International Film Festival
Leiden International Film Festival
View on leidenfilmfestival.nl Preview by Yahoo

There are a number of interesting films on the program that I'd like to see,
and may be able to if work schedules permit. The big draw, of course, is
"Interstellar," Christopher Nolan's guaranteed new box office blockbuster.
Given the cast and his previous work, this is probably the Big Movie of the
Year, world-wide. As a result, I would imagine that all the tickets for it are
already sold, and I will have to wait for the real release.

I'm also somewhat interested in "Miss Julie," "White Bird in a Blizzard," "My
Old Lady," "Love Is Strange" (John Lithgow and Alfred Molina in the same
film...as lovers...that's SO a must-see), "No Man's Land," "St. Vincent,"
"Ida," "The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Him and Her," "Horns," "Class
Enemy," and "The Salvation" (Mads Mikkelsen in a Danish Western?...another
must-see). Descriptions of all of these films (and many more) are in the
program at the link. If you're too lazy to look them up, well...uh...fuck you
and the weasel you rode in on. :-)

A time travel flick called "The Infinite Man" is another must-see because it
has what has to be described as one of the best How Can You Even *Think* Of
Missing This Showing? film festival descriptions in the history of film
festivals:

In this comical time travel journey, a scientist tries to plan the
perfect weekend getaway with his girlfriend. Unfortunately, things go
terribly wrong, and he ends up accidentally trapping himself and his
girlfriend in an infinite loop. Before the film George van Hal, editor
of the magazine New Scientist, will take you on a travel through time.
He will explain that time travel is not only possible, but very easily
done, and that we travel through time on a daily basis without even
knowing it. As a nice bonus he will educate you in all the possible
paradoxes a potential time traveler might encounter.

Can't miss that. :-)

Updates as they happen. Or not...