 I guess since we're heading into a two tier society, ultra rich and ultra poor
then it is best to suck the teet of the rich by selling them expensive things
to further bloat their narcissism.

 Leica probably started this trend, this not being their first or lastest:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-skThe
 New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only Skin
Deep
 I don't care if it's "only skin deep", I want this set anyway when they do it
in the 240 Version :-)

The New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only
Skin Deep
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk

 The New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only
Skin Deep
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk
 Leica is into “Special Edition” cameras the same way McDonald’s is into
supersizing. With its latest offering, the $50,000 Hermès/Leica M9-P sets, it
is has produced the

 View on www.imaging-resource.com
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk

 Preview by Yahoo