I'll take one too. The interesting thing is, only two camera companies are
making any money at the moment, Leica and Phase one - two of the most expensive
brands on the planet.

 Most Leica's are sold to collectors who never even use them, but their stuff
holds its value so well that Leica lenses are a better investment that anything
the stock market has to offer.

 A top of the range Phase one costs more than I paid for my house! But even if
I could afford it I'd take the Leica as there's no way I'm carrying one those
beasts to the beach at 5 O'clock in the morning...

 I guess since we're heading into a two tier society, ultra rich and ultra poor
then it is best to suck the teet of the rich by selling them expensive things
to further bloat their narcissism.

 Leica probably started this trend, this not being their first or lastest:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-skThe
 New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only Skin
Deep
 I don't care if it's "only skin deep", I want this set anyway when they do it
in the 240 Version :-)

The New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only
Skin Deep
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk

 The New $50,000 Limited Edition Hermès Leica M9-P: Sometimes Beauty is Only
Skin Deep
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk
 Leica is into “Special Edition” cameras the same way McDonald’s is into
supersizing. With its latest offering, the $50,000 Hermès/Leica M9-P sets, it
is has produced the

 View on www.imaging-resource.com
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2012/06/08/the-new-50000-limited-edition-hermes-leica-m9-p-sometimes-beauty-is-only-sk
 Preview by Yahoo