"Judy called Curtis a liar, and I felt sorry for him getting so beat up all the
time, so I started to reach out to him to start a dialog a few hours ago. But,
he was so egotistical and arrogant that I realized he wasn't here to discuss
anything - he just wants a bulletin board to make himself look like a big-shot
artist and a greater teacher than Maharishi and Maitreya combined."

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 All this nonsense of taking issue with the word used by organizations who deal
with the arts to refer to their roster reminded me a a great story Maharishi
used to tell about how he got his title/name Maharishi.

With all the careful parsing of words around here one would expect that the man
chosen to be their authoritative master of all things spiritual would have
gained his title through some profound process. At the very least one would
assume that his own guru, the man who knew his spiritual progress best, would
have been the one to give him the title "great rishi." But you would be wrong
because Guru Dev went to his watery grave without giving Maharishi any title at
all. He was known as Bal Bramachari Mahesh (which basically means he who
represses any dhoti tents) and this was how he signed his name on early papers.

But then in South India a newpaperman came up with a catchy hook for his story
about a guy from the North who had come to the South. By Maharishi's own
account he referred to Mahesh as "a great Maharishi from the North" and Mr.
Marketing himself, was off and running. He assumed the name the Newspaper gave
him, which is a spiritual title usually given by one's master, from the
newspaper. That's right,the same guy who came up with: New Police Dog Takes a
Bite Out of Crime" and the provocative "Aren't you 'Sari' you Forgot Your
Wife's Birthday" gave Maharishi his most important spiritual title.

Now I wonder how the World Teacher, got his special name...

  • [FairfieldLife]... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... nablusoss1008
      • [Fairf... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [Fairfield... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]