I think Curtis has a point, MMY didn't always answer questions directly, I
believe he felt the ends justified the means and yes, he did use hyperbole. But
to see him as a money grubbing fool is missing the point. MMY was a religious
Hindu fundamentalist, IMHO, which explains everything!  He really wanted World
Peace, he really cared for people and the World, he was a good man and helped
many.

He really believed, "World Peace is just a matter of money", (to support the
group program), even Christians believe in the power of groups praying the
Rosary, TM and TMSP is basically the same dynamic....