This video was done during a long series of interviews shortly before Maharishi
died and shows a mentally very fit man.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3oqlYO268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3oqlYO268

 Curtis is trying to distract attention from his own misery on the streets and
general failures as an artist. His negativity though shines Bright.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 I would say that both your reactive posting history here and Maharishi on that
tape provide clear counter-evidence to you analogies on parade claims below.

"Balanced intellect" is a meaningless phrase you are parroting to sound
profound. I think it works better in a dhoti surrounded by flowers.

 Good morning - A couple of observations -- First, enlightened people only
think when they want to, or need to. That endless loop of thoughts, running
mental energy in a circle, so common in waking state, is just about absent in
an enlightened state. Lots of people refer to a state of grace, accompanying
enlightenment, and this is the most significant feature of that, far fewer
thoughts; silence, moving. So, a lot less wear and tear on the mental
machinery. The mind as a result, tends to stay sharp and fresh, ever bathed in
a deep, soothing silence, the arrow always all the way back on the bow. Also,
an enlightened state brings with it, a balanced intellect, so there are not the
stressors present. that cause dementia; the mind is not continuously trying to
be somewhere else. It remains balanced. So, I find it highly unlikely that
anyone enlightened, would be a candidate for dementia (no matter how much that
might feed the wish fulfillment of others).

 Pardon my common sense, but all of this spinning, based on a few moments of
videotape, strikes me as unscientific in the extreme. A bit of mental midgetry,
imo. Might as well be speculating on the motives of Kim Kardashian, for all any
of us knew of Maharishi during his last days.

 I agree with you. Like I said, I have not watched a tape of MMY, other than
that cherry picked few moments by the Australian interviewer and documentary
maker, since my days at MIU so that would have been 35+ years ago. I know that
I have been influenced by what others here described as his mental infirmities
and I have read their accounts of their own subjective observations of later
tapes but have not gone to actually see them myself. However, the question
still stands for me: Does enlightenment preclude the possibility of mental
decay or even senility and the onset of Alzheimers? Not having been around
elderly enlightened people I have no idea.

              • ... nablusoss1008
              • ... nablusoss1008
            • ... nablusoss1008