Yes the Maharishi was a martyr myth, I know it well. The idea that an ambitious
guy like Maharishi who showed no reclusive tendencies before or after the two
years he claimed to have been camping in Uttar Kashi is absurd. He was an
advance man for Guru Dev, that is how Jerry described it to me. He was never
sitting around, he was constantly busy promoting the image of his teacher which
was also a hallmark of his active life in the movement where he promoted
himself. He had a flair for the dramatic and the sensational:Yogic flying come
one come all! He was no more prone to sit around in a cave taking his morning
dump outside than Donald Trump. He was used to living in the Hindu Vatican. And
what did he do as soon as he had the means? He built cushy palaces for himself
all over the world with silk wall paper and every other comfort he wanted.

It was no sacrifice for him to follow his ambitious nature, become a
millionaire, bang a bunch of white chicks and jet set around the world
collecting celebrities like Parez Hilton to popularize his brand.

Save the world from self-destruction? I don't even need to refute that claim,
it does that fine just being repeated to shine in its absurd glory!

 Maharishi's life was a total sacrifice, he could have stayed in the Himalayas
with a few students and pursued the refinements you are mentioning. He made his
choice and he kept saying that he was "a normal human being". He didn't have
the time to pursue further physical developments, he hardly slept,  instead
there was a total focus on bringing the knowledge which could, and did, save
the world from self-destruction.

 I suspect that folks were very disappointed that like some gurus MMY didn't
stay sharp in mind until he decided it was time to bail and "drop the body."
That's a lot of work but the whole thing about yoga is learning to control the
autonomic nervous system and keep aging away.  Some are good at and others not.
 Higher states of consciousness come as a by-product.

<no_re...@yahoogroups.com> mailto:no_re...@yahoogroups.com wrote :

 I changed the subjectline as it is more appropriate.
 Curtis is trying to distract attention from his own misery on the streets and
general failures as an artist. His negativity though shines Bright
 This video was done during a long series of interviews shortly before
Maharishi died and shows a mentally very fit man.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3oqlYO268
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu3oqlYO268

  • [FairfieldLife]... nablusoss1008
  • [FairfieldLife]... fleetwood_macnche...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]