All this nonsense of taking issue with the word used by organizations who deal with the arts to refer to their roster reminded me a a great story Maharishi used to tell about how he got his title/name Maharishi.

/Remind us of the great story of how you got the name "CurtisDeltaBlues" when you've never even bee to the Delta and you are a white guy in DC. Thanks./
/>/
On 11/1/2014 12:09 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

M: What makes you think I haven't been to the Delta? First of all that is a screen name and I chose it like you chose yours. Second it refers to the music style I specialize in so what exactly is your beef?

/My beef is that you made fun of Mahesh because of his name, but your name is every bit as humorous, even if you have been to the Delta - you went South. There's not much difference in "CurtisDeltaBlues" than "Great Seer of Mantras" - he went South. You saw the blues - he saw the mantras. It's not complicated./

Do you think that certain races should only play certain kinds of music created by people in their own race? Do you believe that black people should be ridiculed for playing classical music created by white Europeans? Do you know where all the rock you listen to came from?

/Do you thin certain races should only have certain names in their own race? Do you think Indians should be ridiculed for having their own religion?/

Did speeding up the blues turn it white?

/Most Indians are Caucasians just like you are./

  • [FairfieldLife]... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... Duveyoung
        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]