On 11/1/2014 1:17 PM, curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Claims like promoting oneself as a Maharishi

/If MMY was really trying self-promotion with his name he could have used "Mahesh" as his title, which means God in Hindi. You can't get much more promotional than that. It is true that MMY saw mantras and taught them to you. You see blues songs and want to teach them to others. Both you and MMY went to the Delta. They are both spiritual trips. It's really not all that complicated./

should be treated like any other wacky self promotion.

/It's not all that different from promoting blues songs or spirituals. Everyone knows that blues men are mostly wacky and that most of them were very religious as well.//Why pick on an Indian?/

I am not pushed back by your attempt to make this a cultural issue. Most Indians I know feel the same way about their county's wacky superstitious beliefs that continues to hold back needed progress in that county. Just ask any Indian woman.

/All I am trying to do is point out the cognitive dissonance in some of your statements, not a criticism of your work. It's just funny when you go all prejudiced. For the record, I love your singing work and you've got a nice face.

Did you know that Robert Johnson recorded all of his songs in a hotel ten blocks from where we live? He was a wacky religious guy, for sure, but a "Maha Blues Singer".//In your //case, you are a Great Blues Singer who also knows a lot of Sanskrit mantras. Now that's wacky!/
    • Re: [Fairf... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [F... Duveyoung
        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]