 On 10/31/2014 2:45 PM, curtisdeltablues@... mailto:curtisdeltablues@...
[FairfieldLife] wrote:

 With all the careful parsing of words around here one would expect that the
man chosen to be their authoritative master of all things spiritual would have
gained his title through some profound process. At the very least one would
assume that his own guru, the man who knew his spiritual progress best, would
have been the one to give him the title "great rishi." But you would be wrong
because Guru Dev went to his watery grave without giving Maharishi any title at
all. He was known as Bal Bramachari Mahesh (which basically means he who
represses any dhoti tents) and this was how he signed his name on early papers.

 Addressing the important issues!

 You changed the topic from what your face looks like to what your name is.
But, "Bal Brahmachari" is a title given to Mahesh (his given name) by SBS.
You're not even making any sense. The term "Great Seer" is not a name but an
Indian honorific, sort of like "Curtis, King of the Delta Blues in DC".

 Sometimes you come off as prejudiced against Hindus. Everyone knows that the
name "Rishi" is also a male given name, and less commonly a Brahmin last name
for many Indians. You are the last person to be poking fun at someone's name,
Curtis.

 According to Vivekananda, the Sanskrit word "rishi" comes from "seers of
thought" or mantra - secret words of power. You probably got all your mantras
from MMY, like you got most of your songs from delta blues men.  So that means
that MMY was a "seer" of your mantras before you even heard of Sanskrit.

 As long as we are parsing names, the question is, how did he talk you into
repeating non-sense gibberish names of the Hindu gods for twenty years and
selling them to others for money? Your songs make more sense than you do
sometimes. Go figure.

 Or, is it the technique of playing that's really important - not the name of
the player?

 Rishi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi

 Rishi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi In
the Vedas the term Rishi (Sanskrit: ṛṣi, Devanagari: ऋषि) denotes an inspired
poet of Ṛgvedic hymns, who alone or with others invokes the deities with
poetry. ...

 View on en.wikipedia.org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rishi
 Preview by Yahoo

 Ricky, sometimes you can write a smokin' post. Here is the thing for me: lots
of people around this joint love to poke fun at and belittle others. MMY has
certainly taken his share of below-the-belt hits around here. But when it comes
to the equivalent being slung at the slinger there is hell to pay. All of a
sudden we seem to have self-righteous posters getting all bent out of shape and
indignant. I'm still of the (call me crazy) idea that if you're prepared to
dish it out then be prepared to take it. There are a lot of disher outers here
but not quite so many willing to receive in return.

        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • Re: [Fairf... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]