---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Yes the Maharishi was a martyr myth, I know it well. The idea that an
ambitious guy like Maharishi who showed no reclusive tendencies before or after
the two years he claimed to have been camping in Uttar Kashi is absurd. He was
an advance man for Guru Dev, that is how Jerry described it to me. He was never
sitting around, he was constantly busy promoting the image of his teacher which
was also a hallmark of his active life in the movement where he promoted
himself. He had a flair for the dramatic and the sensational:Yogic flying come
one come all! He was no more prone to sit around in a cave taking his morning
dump outside than Donald Trump. He was used to living in the Hindu Vatican. And
what did he do as soon as he had the means? He built cushy palaces for himself
all over the world with silk wall paper and every other comfort he wanted.

 What it is with these "enlightened" guys? They always seem to love the good
things in life - beautiful surroundings, nice rides, cashmere and silk
clothing, expensive accoutrements in their fancy homes. What the hell? Oh, I
guess they have something in common with the rest of us after all. I mean, I
prefer a toilet to the woods and, when I can get it, toilet paper as well.

It was no sacrifice for him to follow his ambitious nature, become a
millionaire, bang a bunch of white chicks and jet set around the world
collecting celebrities like Parez Hilton to popularize his brand.

Save the world from self-destruction? I don't even need to refute that claim,
it does that fine just being repeated to shine in its absurd glory!