The anger and self-loathing the naysayers have is based on that. Not having
much progress after years of practise is based on how their brains are wired
and general karma. Then they blame the teacher for their misery and end up
using an internet forum to vent their anger. What a joke.

 "If you were still a devotee after all that time, striving for something you
already had, I would honestly think that it was maybe you that had a serious
mental condition."