 From: "dhamiltony2k5@... [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
 To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2014 9:53 PM
 Subject: [FairfieldLife] The More Proper Pronunciation of Maharishi

   Maharishi;
 in Sanskrit it is more correctly said,
 “Ma-ha-ri-shee”.
 More properly this decidedly is Not pronounced, Mahahorsie

 Ignorant Americans and many westerners not knowing any better use a hard “s”
which is too often flat or broad and wrong.
 The Vedic is a softer “s”.
 The Vedic 'r' is retroflex too, which is very unAmerican.
 However, the seemingly affected version that one may hear around the TM
movement which sounds somewhat European is more correct.

 Now, as like with bija mantras and properly adjusted pronunciation it is also
important how you use the mantra.  Yet as with the proper mantra but with
improper pronunciation also no wonder people go crazy.  Care that you not
mangle proper names in usage.
 Jai Guru Dev,

 -Buck

  • [FairfieldLife] The M... dhamiltony...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]