Professor Anoop Chandola: "What about that 'maharishi' who is with the Beatles?
Is he legitimate?"

 Swami Shantananda Saraswati, hand-picked successor to Swami Brahmanda
Saraswati (first Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath in 165 years): "Let me put it to
you this way: he would be my first choice as my successor, but they won't allow
it due to the caste laws."

 You may think that MMY was a charlatan, but Gurudev's hand-picked successor
did not.

 Maharishi is a title he didn't deserve. I call him Mahesh Prasad Varmint.