So what.. “The British Association for Southeast Asian Studies”! Yeah but,
could you really trust colonists to really understand what was going on and
then tell what happened. Clearly Maharishi was SBS's closest and most trusted
aid. It all worked out for the best. Look what those two did for the world in
their lifetimes at a time. Is quite remarkable really.
 Jai Guru Dev, -Buck in the Dome

 mjackson74@...> wrote blah, blah, blah :

Svāmī Brahmānanda Sarasvatī passed away in 1953, but he had not clearly
indicated his successor. This immediately caused a problem, as he had initiated
a number of disciples into Saṃnyāsa.

 A few weeks after he passed away, a will was found, according to the terms of
which, a disciple called Svāmī Śāntānanda Sarasvatī was named as the first
choice for succeeding to the Jyotirmaṭha title.

 However, many followers of Brahmānanda Sarasvatī were satisfied neither with
the credentials of Śāntānanda, nor with the validity/authenticity of the will.
Perhaps, the doubts about the will were themselves based partly upon the
perception that Śāntānanda was not a good choice for successor.

 http://indology.info/papers/sundaresan/ http://indology.info/papers/sundaresan/

 http://indology.info/papers/sundaresan/

 INDOLOGY - The Shankaracharya(s) of Jyotirmath - Vid...
http://indology.info/papers/sundaresan/ The Jyotirmaṭha Śaṅkarācārya Lineage in
the 20th Century Vidyāśaṅkar Sundareśan

 View on indology.info
 Preview by Yahoo