On 11/3/2014 10:15 PM, lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife] wrote:

I'm pretty sure he stayed much, much longer than 10 days.

/According to Helen Olson, in her book cited by Edg, the Maharishi was supposed to stay at 433 for ten days - ///from the tenth of May to the fifteenth of May/. I'm sure there was some coming and going after that - for example he went up to San Francisco for a few days.

The point I was trying to make is that Edg was supposed to read the book BEFORE he posted his comments - browsing to the TM-Free blog to get stories isn't a good source of information for an informant./

    On 11/3/2014 10:09 AM, Duveyoung wrote:

    He kicked the kid outta her room --

    /Get a grip, Edg - the Maharishi's visit with the Olson's in L.A.
    was just for ten days!

    You seem to be in a clear case of cognitive dissonance: everyone
    knows you slept inside a TM Center for five years. It was good for
    Tina to be kicked out of her room so she wasn't so attached. If
    you had been kicked out, you might have gotten a life long before
    working for a cult for a decade and a half. Go figure./

    didn't never not hear about him fixing up a shack out back.

    /You are mistaken.//According to Helen Olson, "Maharishi, it
    seemed, would be with us from the tenth of May to the fifteenth of
    May. On Tuesday evening, may tenth,an announcement was made at the
    lecture hall that Maharishi would be staying at433 South Harvard
    Boulevard" (Olson 42-43). In her book "433" Helen describes a
    shack in her//garden out back where there was an old, unfinished
    children's playhouse which she offered to Maharishi as his "shrine
    room" for initiations - so they painted it and fixed it up with
    rugs and curtains./

    The 433 book is my source.

    /When are you going to read it? You are supposed to read the book
    BEFORE you post your comments./

    Even back then, as a true believer, when I read the book, I was
    all like "What the fuck?  Take kid's room?"

    /Sounds like you are just unstressing./

    Shudda been a tell, but nope, I was polishing my blinkers and
    proud of it.

    /You suck as an informant.//
    //
    //Work cited://
    //
    /*/Maharishi at 433: The Story of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's First
    Visit to the United States/*/
    //by Helena Olsen//
    //pp 72-73/

  • [FairfieldLife]... 'Richard J. Williams' pundits...@gmail.com [FairfieldLife]