In a message dated 11/15/05 11:46:41 A.M. Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Greetings,

Wondering if anybody has visited major temples or done yagyas in India and what
experiences were?

Jai Guru Deva

I went to Badrinath in the mid 90's and bathed in hot spring and did yagya after . The next day I got sick with a virus and fever and was pretty much miserable the rest of the trip. I realized later that people from all over India were coming there and bathing in that same hot spring with God knows what diseases hoping to be cured. I would be very careful about going to temples and dipping in "holy ponds" or sipping water offered by priests. I have had far better experiences doing Satyanarayana Puja in my local temple.