I appreciated his distinction between a system of absolute financial
commonality, and one built on a common purpose but with economic distinctions
possible, between members. I didn't mind making $25/mo. in my twenties, for a
couple of years, and glad I did it, though that would not have been (and
wasn't) a sustainable model, once I got older.

 Yep, also interesting were the observations about the generational change
there being on the backside of self-interest and communal welfare. Sounds a lot
like the Icarians as they fragmented communally. Or Amana Society too coming
upon their great re-organization.

 [Icaria communalism in its end in Iowa for instance:]

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/naf3o4n_L6k

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/communal-studies-forum/naf3o4n_L6k

 fleetwood_macncheese@...> wrote :

 Quite an interesting read, especially his point about only wealthy nations
producing hippies.
Buck wrote :

 A Stephen Gaskin Retrospective:

 The Sun Magazine | The End Of A Sixties Dream?
http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/467/sixties

 http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/467/sixties

 The Sun Magazine | The End Of A Sixties Dream?
http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/467/sixties The Sun is an independent, ad-free
monthly magazine that for more than thirty years has used words and photographs
to invoke the splendor an...

 View on thesunmagazine.org http://thesunmagazine.org/issues/467/sixties
 Preview by Yahoo