 Bhairitu,

 You've raised a good question.  But it is considered a higher principle that
the end does not justify the means.  In other words, one must act licitly to
make a moral act.  You cannot kill another person or group of persons in order
to obtain political power--which we can see the evil effects that are happening
in Iraq and Syria.  Similarly, the same principle applies to taking one's own
life.

 One's life is going to be taken eventually by life/death. If one is weeks or
months away from dying and dying either under the influence of massive amounts
of drugs or under unrelenting pain and virtual incoherence due to racking pain
then I am all for curtailing this in order to move on to whatever is next.
Having seen a number of my own animals spared the final deaths throes caused by
strangulated intestines, broken legs in very old age or femoral arteries
spouting blood internally I have to say that an overdose of anaesthetics is the
way to go. Many hospice patients are OD'ed on morphine slowly and
systematically. It is the way it is and I have no problem with it. Is it a
'sin'? I have no idea. Does suffering bring you more points as you make your
way toward a possible heaven? I have no idea. Am I willing to endure a certain
amount of pain, fear and trauma? Yes. Is there a limit that I can endure that I
would embrace self euthanasia for? Yes.

 If you were suffering from terminal brain cancer would you really want to see
it through to the end as your mind, vision, hearing went away?