But in any case, the means leads to the end, regardless of moral
considerations. Exactly how does one discover what a 'moral consideration' is?
The laws of nature, assuming they exists as we conceive them, do not allow
tampering, therefore what happens is always in accord with natural law, and
thus if a person commits suicide, it is in accord with natural law. If they do
not, it is still in accord with natural law. Therefore 'moral consideration' is
simply a mental fantasy tacked onto the memory of an event that was post hoc
impossible to prevent, as natural law allowed it to happen. Things happen,
people react in various ways, but that reaction does not change what happened.

 Sociopaths and psychopaths do not have a conscience so they have no ability to
function according to a moral code of conduct. They can pretend they do, but
inside, so they say, they simply do not have this characteristic. Most humans
do have some hard wiring potential that leads to what some would call ethical
or moral behaviour, but as it is hard wired, the ethical or moral designation
is an after the fact interpretation of that behaviour, it does not work the
other way around. There are certain things we care about, and we want to
protect those things, and our behaviour centres around that.

 Share,

 The correct answer is that one should follow one's conscience to the best of
his or her ability.  But one should follow the principle that the end does not
justify the means.  IMO, ending one's own life through suicide is not following
the principle above.

 John, I'm not sure that suicide is always in violation of natural law. What
makes you think that?