 Gosh, that might really ruined Salyavin's day. :-D

 Why? They possibly found life there in the 70's but they landed the rover in
the wrong place and two of the three experiments they had on board to test for
life weren't designed for the terrain they found themselves in.

 The one experiment that possibly did find life was discounted as they did it
on a majority vote. All expeditions to Mars since then have worked on the basis
that there is no life and they haven't repeated the original experiments to
make sure.

 Why would discovering life anywhere ruin my day? I can't work that bit out.