 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Gosh, that might really ruined Salyavin's day. :-D

 Why? They possibly found life there in the 70's but they landed the rover in
the wrong place and two of the three experiments they had on board to test for
life weren't designed for the terrain they found themselves in.

 The one experiment that possibly did find life was discounted as they did it
on a majority vote. All expeditions to Mars since then have worked on the basis
that there is no life and they haven't repeated the original experiments to
make sure.

 Why would discovering life anywhere ruin my day? I can't work that bit out.

You aren't going to get anywhere by asking questions of John, Sal. As I've
pointed out many times and as you yourself have noticed, no possibility of
actual dialogue exists with someone who is as gullible, feeble-minded, devoid
of reasoning skills, and convinced of the Absolute Truth of the silly things he
believes as he is. He's the kinda guy who would actually *believe* the
horseshit in this video I found on FB:

 The Principle | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=328951900609527&fref=nf

 https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=328951900609527&fref=nf

 The Principle | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=328951900609527&fref=nf Why are leading
atheists freaking out about this new documentary? Why are they trying to hide
the evidence?

 View on www.facebook.com
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=328951900609527&fref=nf
 Preview by Yahoo

You'll love this, Salyavin. You thought that *Hagelin* misuses science to
present hokum as if it were science? Wait until you watch *these* supposed
"scientists" jump through hoops to "prove" their notion of a God in this
astounding exercise in self-importance. They're actually trying to go back in
time to the notion of an Earth-centric universe.

 Wow, it's a bit of a deliberately bombastic explosion of insinuation. I think
there's a lot of out-of-context quotes here, and also a lot of media scientists
with books to plug who probably didn't know they were being co-opted into some
sort of religious thing.

What I like the most, however, is the notion of "leading atheists" freaking out
that someone came up with in the teaser line for this video. What on earth do
they think constitutes "leading atheists?" Do they think we non-theists have
*contests* in which we sit around competing for first place, shouting "No, *I*
believe less in the Invisible Man In The Sky than you do!?" :-)

 I don't know what evidence they are supposed to be hiding! It's pretty obvious
this is an amazing place - possibly the only place with sentient life anywhere,
that makes it special to me, but is there a religious principle behind it? I
don't think so, and I'd be surprised if some of the scientists on there I
recognised thought so. It's a poor physicist that concludes there is a god just
because they don't have an immediate answer for something. It's easier than
thinking for sure but accepting magic as an explanation isn't what they're paid
for!

 I suspect that the makers of this video have edited it highly suggestively and
creatively. Just like people did with the recent NDE research and just about
everything else I come across on the net. The conspiracy gathers pace!

But that's JohnR to a T, just another irrational theist imagining a "gotcha" in
some imaginary battle against atheists that's happening only inside his own
head. *Just* as he did when he hoped that his silly hokum about Mars would
"ruin your day."

Oh, I think that was Bhairitu! He must have misunderstood me if he wants egg on
my face....

 Yes.