This, from the largest consumer of American culture, by far.  The guy who can
recite chapter and verse most  every American movie and TV show produced over
the last 20, maybe 40 years.

 And, good to know John Stewart is the final word on how American's think.

 Of course his gig, (as I understand it, having never watched his show), is to
come up with something to grab people's attention every night.

 Never mind that the election results have followed the same pattern they have
for probably the last forty years for off years.

 Good riddance. The rest of the world won't miss America when it's gone. Maybe
"Game Of Thrones," but it's not shot in America anyway, so we can imagine that
Westeros might just carry on.

 As usual, John Stewart nailed "the meme that won the election." Americans are
total suckers for F E A R, so to get their vote all you have to do is repackage
the latest fear du jour and spend billions of dollars to broadcast it 24/7: