 I did not see the documentary, but I watched some of the linked clips, and
also developed an affection for him, which grew as I learned that he "came out"
and married his partner.

 What a different approach than someone like Barry, who gets apoplectic with
the fact that people enjoy their practice of TM and TMSP, and may even follow
an inclination to participate in the Yagya program.

 Is he trying to save people's souls?

 There are just so many types of people in this world, Steve. I tend to stick
around the ones that are life affirming, joyful and creative. I leave the
others to those who like negativity, toxicity and mindlessness.
 Fortunately, there seems to be more of the former than the latter here at FFL
hence I am still hanging in here.

 Randi also said that after he is gone he does not want his fans to bother with
a museum of magic named after him or burying him in a fancy tomb. Instead, he
said, "I want to be cremated, and I want my ashes blown in Uri Geller's eyes."

 James Randi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi#cite_note-SF-Weekly-112

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi#cite_note-SF-Weekly-112

 James Randi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Randi#cite_note-SF-Weekly-112 James Randi
(born Randall James Hamilton Zwinge, August 7, 1928) is a Canadian-American
retired stage magician and scientific skeptic[2][3] best known for his cha...

 View on en.wikipedia.org
 Preview by Yahoo

 The BBC documentary that Seraphita so fantastically turned my attention to was
amazing. It was not only interesting in content and exposed some very annoying
charlatans but much more importantly was the revelation of the man, of James
Randi, who I came to love by the end of the film. His relationship with his
young lover and the vulnerability James showed at the end when his partner was
arrested for identity theft and then later released with a relatively light
sentence was really moving. This small and bent little man who is such a
powerful and gentle personality (even within his one-pointed life's purpose in
keeping the truth ahead of the lies) was so lovely and so gifted in so many
ways. What a little gem of a film and a treasure of a man. Thanks again for
linking FFL to this.