Re "Orange Sunshine was pretty mellow":

 I'll second that - though "mellow" when we're talking about acid is still
pretty mind-blowing compared with, say, "pot" . . .

 One thing that strikes me about current perceptions of the sixties is that
young people today are presented with two "narratives":
 1) the mods/swinging London/Beatlemania/aren't-we-all-having-fun-now story -
which has some truth to it; and
 2) those self-congratulatory reminiscences in which veterans smugly relate how
they paved the way for the rise of feminism/racial equality/PC - which also has
something to be said for it.

 What's missing out is the fact that the late sixties/early seventies where
actually pretty scary! You really felt that society was tearing itself apart
and that all bets were off as far as the future was concerned.

 Still, that sense of possibility was invigorating!

 Orange Sunshine was pretty mellow, Owsley's Purple Haze was rather mind
shattering and pure Sandoz very creepy.  Psilocybin was hallucinogen without
paranoia (LSD probably had that side effect due to stuff it was cut with).  The
drug I stayed away from was cocaine.  I can thank Johnny Cash since he claimed
it gave him a "deviated septum" and none us in my band wanted that.

 In 1970 I gave George Lucas a copy of "Autobiography of a Yogi" and he told me
he was going to read it.  Guess he did.

 On 11/07/2014 07:35 AM, Share Long sharelong60@... mailto:sharelong60@...