> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > Reported on CNN this afternoon as well, very
> > > gloomily.
> > >

> > Yes, the "news" organizations thrive on conflict and failure.
All of
> > this; the 'bird flu', and bad this and bad that, and be afraid
of this
> > and be afraid of that, is so *incredibly* selective.
> <snipped here>
>
> > I'm declaring it a massive conspiracy of muddy consciousness;
the
> > hideousness of small minds.
>
> i agree that it is the hideousness of small minds but that doesn't
> mean that what is being said is not the real truth. these small
minds
> have created this vast mess and don't seem the slightest bit
> interested in helping anyone except each other get out unscathed.
> people in dire poverty are getting poorer while those with money
stand
> by and add more money to their coffers.  what's small about that?
> people who worked for 40 years and saved every possible penny find
out
> their pension no longer exists. that's not small.
>

> > ourselves so often as powerless victims, as occupants of a
large,
> > fearful cesspool, as 90% goners.
> >
> > Not me. Not you. Not any of us.

Agreed. It seems my earlier remarks are being misinterpreted as a
head in the sand/clouds mentality. Not true. Just observing that
there appears to be a disconnect between the 'news' we focus on and
reality. I am certainly not advocating ignoring the problems of the
world, just remarking that what we are told and the consequent
collective consciousness it creates are a product not only of
concern, but of negative bias also.