The one local measure of interest in Butte Count, was how much pot you can grow
on your land. With the economy flailing about, a lot of people wanted a new
revenue stream. The losing proposition (which I voted for) allows a 10x10 plot,
up to 12 plants, for anyone with a half, to five acres. This is the status quo.
The competing initiative would've allowed up to 99 plants in that space. I
don't care what the health problem is, no one smokes that much!

 And the election we just had won't do anything to solve the problem.  We had
not much of any choice, just tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumber.  I only voted on
propositions which is sort of a direct though questionable form of Democracy.
The questionable part is the public voting on complex propositions that only
lawyers would understand and some that really need to be debated in the state
assembly.

 I also voted on replacing members of the city council which appears to have
rid itself of an opportunist. It's just that the large number of mail in
ballots have yet to be counted a portion of which would have voted on the
council positions and at last count there were only a few votes separating the
two runner ups.  The yuppie woman got enough votes to be re-elected leaving one
chair up and between two candidates, one a former IT tech and the other a
forensics manager.  Either would do and I voted for both (and not for the
yuppie). Lord knows we need people who know tech legislating rather than the
clueless so the IT guy was my first choice and the forensics manager is a
neighbor who pledged to represent those of us on the right side of the tracks
er freeway.

 On 11/06/2014 07:23 PM, s3raphita@... mailto:s3raphita@... [FairfieldLife]