Hot Rats, one of my all time favorite albums. The fellow was a genius but
published too much of his enormous production.

 Frank Zappa lived in a log cabin formerly owned by cowboy actor Tom Mix on
thid lot 1966 to 1968, when he left because too any weirdos were dropping in
(not including John Mayall, who lived with Zappa when he first came to the
U.S.).

 The L.A. Musical History Tour
 by Art Fein
 Faber and Faber, 1990
 p. 134

 Other titles of interest:

 Weird Scenes Inside The Canyon: Laurel Canyon, Covert Ops & The Dark Heart Of
The Hippie Dream
 by David McGowan
 Headpress, 2014

 Freak out! My life with Frank Zappa: