200 motels! I think he released the soundtrack to that, and I bought a copy - I
was too young to completely *get* Zappa when I first heard him, but I
recognized him as so original, and dramatic, it kept up my interest,  until he
made more sense.

 The guitar player in my small town first band played with Zappa.  Also a
Seattle bass player friend, Jeff Simmons, played with Zappa and when he quit
Zappa made a movie around it called "200 Motels" (definitely rated Not for
Buck).  It was also one of the very first movies all done with video.  When I
saw Zappa's show in Spokane in 1971 and headed for the rest room before the
show who should come out but Zappa himself.

 On 11/08/2014 06:04 AM, fleetwood_macncheese@...