An important new book just came out about capitalism and climate change:  This
Changes Everything: Capitalism vs. the Climate, by Naomi Klein.  But the
converted, anti SUV folks are probably the only ones who will read it. The
review in today's NY Times called it the most important environmental book
since Rachel Carson's Silent Spring.  (I gave a book report on Silent Spring in
high school, so it made an impression).  I will have to pop an antidepressant
before reading Klein's book, which I intend to do as soon as the library gets
it.  I think the gist is that capitalism as we know it cannot continue if we
intend to deal with climate change.
  • [FairfieldLife] More Amer... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re: ... waybac...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • Re: [FairfieldLi... Bhairitu noozg...@sbcglobal.net [FairfieldLife]