I like Klein's writing. I have an SUV but it is a Subaru Forester now in it's 16th year and running strong. It is certainly more fuel efficient than many of the SUVs and pickups people seem to buy in droves (for perceived safety I guess). I would have replaced it with an even more fuel efficient hybrid but the banksters made sure I couldn't. OTOH, I don't need to drive that much as so many things are close.

Buckminster Fuller said energy problems could easily be solved but the establishment would never allow it. And he said that over 50 years ago.