As I walked at the water's edge, it appeared that a few people ahead of me were
walking on water.  This was the lowest tide that I've ever seen at this beach.
The water's edge was about 300 yards away from the paved pedestrian lane.

 I saw the sun set in the reddened western sky in the sign of Libra.  The
temperature was like summer with no wind.  As I was shaking the sand off my
feet near the parking lot, a black guy asked me if I saw his wife walk by.  I
said, "No, I didn't see her."  A surfer asked me to help him zip his wet suit
from his back shoulder.  Then, he stepped down the beach steps with his
surfboard to ride the evening waves.