It's the headline in Global Good News that's misleading. The article  itself is
clearly a report ABOUT the NYT article. That's quite different. Of
course they've mentioned the good bits and omitted the so-so bits. There's
nothing wrong in that.  But the headline shouldn't have been chosen to  make
it appear that it was a reprinted article from the NY Times. Perhaps  this was
just incompetence rather than a deliberate attempt to mislead, since the
article itself clearly indicates that it is GGN's report about the NYT article,
not
the article itself.

FROM GLOBAL GOOD NEWS
Earth's future peacemakers just need a little TM
by Lily Koppel
The New York Times    Translate This Article
On 14 November 2005 The New York Times reported: Filmmaker David
Lynch is raising money to make the Transcendental Meditation Programme
available to students from first grade through college. New York Times
reporter Lily Koppel said that Lynch wants to make the simple mental
technique 'a standard in every student's curriculum'. It is a joy for Global
Good
News service to feature this news, which indicates the success of the life-
supporting programmes Maharishi has designed to bring fulfilment to the field
of world-peace.
Although often described as 'notoriously reclusive', Lynch has stepped into
the public spotlight by founding the David Lynch Foundation for
Consciousness-Based Education and has embarked on a speaking tour to
universities on the East and West Coasts. His goal is clear: 'I really think it
will
change the world,' Lynch was quoted as saying.
The article said that the Lynch Foundation currently has assets of about
$410,000. To date seven schools have each been awarded $25,000 in seed
money to begin programmes using the TM Technique. Two of the charter
schools discussed their programmes with the New York Times reporter.
Dr George H. Rutherford, principal of the Ideal Academy Public Charter
School, an elementary and middle school in Washington, DC, said of Lynch,
'He is going to revolutionize education in America.'
Dr Rutherford said that while other foundations tend to focus on providing
learning tools (such as computers) to students, the Transcendental Meditation
Programme helps develop the students themselves. 'TM helps to reduce the
stress that creates problems,' he was quoted as saying.
Researchers at Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, will
measure the effects of the meditation programme on students.
A second school to receive a $25,000 grant from the Lynch Foundation was
the Nataki Talibah Schoolhouse of Detroit, a public charter school, which
previously received TM financing from the DaimlerChrysler Corporation Fund
and the General Motors Foundation.
According to the article, Nataki seventh- and eighth-grade students who
worked as a non-meditating control group in a 2002 study, tracking the
'social-emotional competencies' of the meditating students, now want to
experience what their peers had.
In addition, Koppel reported, the Lynch Foundation is partnering with other
philanthropists to grant another $25,000 each to the University of Michigan,
Yale, Emerson College and other colleges to help teach students TM. The
foundation is also partnering to support an American University study on TM
and college students.

Every day Global Good News documents the rise of a better quality of life
dawning in the world and highlights the need for introducing Natural Law
based—Total Knowledge based—programmes to bring the support of Nature
to every individual, raise the quality of life of every society, and create a
lasting state of world peace.

Copyright © 2005 Global Good News(sm) Service.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>