I grew up in a petless household because my family's experiment in dog
ownership ended before my time when George Washington, a dachshund, grew ornery
after my sister kept trying to ride him. My only experience with pet ownership
was the 16 years that our household was dominated by cats, and that came to a
tragic end, 13 months ago, when we had to put down our most beloved kitty.
What's especially sad is that of our 16 years with her, what stands out the
most in my memory of her is her final months of declining health. As cute and
lovable as those dogs look, all I can think of is the unbelievable pain and
heartbreak you will experience when they die. Honestly, I don't understand how
people can put themselves through that, pet after pet after pet.

This has been Depressing Thoughts, by Alex Stanley
  • [FairfieldLife] The Face... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re:... j_alexander_stan...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [FairfieldLife]... steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [FairfieldL... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]