All this "wisdom", (if you bother to read it, which I didn't) from the guy who
disparages this site because it so below his intellectual threshold.

 Barry's been "slumming" now for decades.

 Go figure.

 All good questions, Buck, and I don't have "easy answers." But if you want my
opinion, it was a *combination* of nature and nurture, catering to *exactly*
that desire for "easy answers."

 Weak-minded people with no discrimination wanted to believe something --
anything -- that would 1) make them feel more self-important and at the "center
of the universe," and 2) give them some "easy answer" to glom onto so they
could believe they had "THE" answer and stop being curious or having to think
for themselves.

 Almost no teacher in human history has specialized in giving "easy answers" to
hard questions more than MMY. It was his stock in trade. His "teachings" were
almost ALL "thought stoppers," in that their *purpose* was to convince those
hearing them that they Maharishi "knew" the "truth" and that if they as
students just believed the things he said thoroughly they'd "know" the "truth,"
too.

 Unfortunately, Maharishi didn't really know much of anything, so those who
settled for the "easy answers" he gave them *still* don't know much of
anything, to this day.

 Even more unfortunately, IMO what being trained to accept Maharishi's easy
answer thought stoppers without question has trained generations of his
followers to do is to accept almost *anybody's* easy answer thought stoppers.

 That Share's modus operandi. Somebody tells her something, and she just
believes it. End of story.

 And that makes her the perfect victim for these New Age charlatans she flocks
to. They, like MMY, specialize in *providing* easy answer thought stoppers.
That's why they all make sure to go to Fairfield on their "teaching tours."
Fairfield provides an endless supply of Gullible Idiots With Money They're
Willing To Spend On Any Charlatan Who Comes To Town.

 As for the ethics of all of this, IMO that was also fucked up by Maharishi,
who established from Day One of his "teachings" that *anything* he taught HAD
TO COST MONEY. And the "more important" or "more valuable" teachings cost MORE
money. He *trained* people to believe that pretty much *everything* in the
world of spiritual practice *HAD* to cost money or it wasn't worth anything.

 So what happens when a bunch of people who have bought into this for decades
then want to attempt teaching themselves do so? Duh. THEY CHARGE MONEY, and
lots of it. THAT, after all, is what they learned from Maharishi.

 Having made this decision and set out upon a path based on this "making money
is the real objective of teaching, and the more of it we make the better"
ethos, these people are *by definition* unethical.