 As a musician I really do dislike heavy handed film scores.   I was taught
they are to "support" the story not be a character in it.  There's way too much
of it in today's movies.  I actually prefer films with little or no music.

 My friend and her husband went to see it at the IMAX of all places and the
first thing she said was how damn LOUD it was.  So if it was overbearing in a
regular theater then I can only imagine the din where they saw it. I did hear
that "Birdman" was extraordinary, however.