I think crime is going up. There was a break in next door last Thursday. I feel they avoided me *because *of the security camera above my garage door. They won't have any idea what else I've got and being a tech geek have plans for more. We have a neighborhood watch and when I talked to the organized I mentioned all this is fine as long as we don't get too "Orwellian" about it. What is happening is "inverse Orwellianism". It's not the cops how have the CCTVs like you have over there. It's us. We are big brother and catching these jerks has become a new sport.

The perps are quite sophisticated though. They think these guys used a tool to open the garage door via it's mechanical latch. They also have electronic tools for garage openers but seems to me that might take time for the app to find the right sequence to transmit. There were also a couple of jerks a few weeks back walking the neighborhood at night and breaking into cars and trucks. They use an electronic tool to open doors. They were caught on a security cam but it was too dark to get an useful footage other than what they were doing.

Here's a camera that can be hidden anywhere.

http://youtu.be/km25fg-Nq80