 Of course whether or not you will be rich is ALSO dependent on your horoscope.
 It is also possible to be rich in one planetary period then lose it all in the
next!  Astrologers who make money from the rich consulting them may be able to
charge well but it may not make them millionaires, especially if being rich is
not in their chart.

So you're saying that if there was a way of making money from the stock market
via astrology - John's claim - your own chart could prevent it working? This
makes less sense the further we get into it. Either you can predict the
performance of the market or you can't and it all comes down to the individual.

 But if the latter is the case, all an investor with a "poor" chart would have
to do to thwart the bad karma would be to find someone with a "rich" chart and
borrow their advice or get them to invest on their behalf. If the universe has
a fail-safe mechanism that prevents people doing this it makes the whole thing
easily testable because all you need is people with both types of chart and get
them to invest in the same things. They either get the same results or they
don't and reality has a lot of explaining to do. Astrological falsifiability.

 Still think that Karma is unfathomable?