A Rose Window Into The Life Of Humanity
http://www.amazon.com/review/R32GUJ5GK3IB1Y/ref=cm_cr_dp_title/181-1829612-8592048?ie=UTF8&ASIN=1477459286&nodeID=283155&store=books
 By Elisa Maria Argiro
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A2GD1V3A3QNQVK/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp/181-1829612-8592048
 on December 9, 2012
 Format: Paperback This extraordinary book is a rose window into the life of
humanity. This image came to mind as I stepped out the door of my little adobe
casita, en route to sing in the Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of
Assisi, here in Santa Fe, New Mexico. As music ministers, we listen to the
gospel in the silence of our hearts, and raise our voices to God, imbued with
this holy silence.
In 1973, I was a promising but anxious art major at Skidmore College when I
happened upon Transcendental Meditation, and that silence within, experienced
clearly in childhood on solitary woodland adventures, was reawakened and
strengthened. Having been raised in a deeply ecumenical and intellectually
lively family on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, I attended P.S.28 in Spanish
Harlem, learning early to cherish the spiritual and cultural values of all
people.
'A Symphony of Silence' is a stand alone contribution to the literature of the
world. I am thrilled that it has been published simultaneously in english and
spanish, and anticipate its translation into many other languages, because it
is truly a book for everyone, everywhere. Choosing a favorite chapter is
challenging, as I found every moving story and scholarly exploration nourishing
and insightful.
Honestly speaking, I can think of no better gift for each person on your list!
Happy Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad, Peace on Earth, and may the silence within you
grow and blossom in the coming year!

http://www.amazon.com/Symphony-Silence-An-Enlightened-Vision/dp/1477459286/ref=pd_sim_b_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=14ENFA3BEH8SG2C3FD0V