Yes! That is incredible - incomprehensible, really - not like they had an
advance team, to grade, pave, and light the landing strip, on a damned
*comet*!! I'll bet whoever first proposed it, was looked at sideways for
awhile, until it became feasible. Ungainly, like so many of our space craft,
the lander looks like a school bus, with a tripod on the front - I wonder what
the aliens think of that - probably making smug references to a used car lot,
from their shiny silver disks -

 What an amazing mission - whether ordained or random, I am in awe of the
orbital mechanics that had to be comprehended, and calculated, for this to
occur. There are no straight lines in space, particularly when always lifting
off a spinning, orbiting planet.

 Yes, it's quite an achievement to land something the size of a fridge freezer
onto a spinning object half a billion miles away that's only about 5 miles
wide!

 A fine days work...

 Taken by the Rosetta orbiter, the lander Philae on its way to land on a comet
510,000,000 km away out beyond Mars.

  r,