 What an amazing mission - whether ordained or random, I am in awe of the
orbital mechanics that had to be comprehended, and calculated, for this to
occur. There are no straight lines in space, particularly when always lifting
off a spinning, orbiting planet.

 Yes, it's quite an achievement to land something the size of a fridge freezer
onto a spinning object half a billion miles away that's only about 5 miles
wide!

 A fine days work...

 No kidding. I was thinking that if humans can achieve something like that then
there is no excuse for all the really, really stupid things they do back here
on Earth.

 Taken by the Rosetta orbiter, the lander Philae on its way to land on a comet
510,000,000 km away out beyond Mars.

  r,