A friend of mine here in Leiden is one of the IT managers on this project at
the European Space Agency. I can verify that "There was much rejoicing."

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:21 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] On the way!

salyavin, according to Kurweil, the landing should be confirmed even as we
speak! Very cool...

Yup, it's down and working. Much cheering in the control room!

I'm just waiting for the first photo but it is very cool, we'll learn a lot
about how the solar system formed and where the water on Earth came from.