 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 Share,

 Here is the sound.  Can anyone figure it out?

 Apparently if you play it backwards you can faintly hear the words "Do not
land, or we will be forced to destroy your puny planet". Whatever that might
mean....

What I can't understand is someone so addicted to New Age garbage and
weak-minded thinking that, faced with two of the greatest achievements in the
history of man (the Mars lander and this comet lander), they're looking for
something more Woo Woo to focus and obsess on.

People like JohnR and Nabby just leave me astonished. What *happened* to them
that makes them think (or, more accurately, NOT think) the way they do? You
would think that they'd be *embarrassed* to show people the ways that their
minds work (or fail to), but they actually seem to be proud of it.

I think I get where it comes from, I briefly suffered from this need to make
more out of the world than there is when I was a kid and was exploring the
world outside of me seriously for the first time. I remember it as being like
discovering secret knowledge that the stuffy establishment were too blind to
see, or something that linked in more with the sci-fi I loved than the BBC
documentaries provided.

 We could call it "Erich Von Daniken syndrome", because it was his books I
found in the library that really made me wonder about these alleged esoteric
truths. It had to be true or they wouldn't publish it, right? But he did travel
to amazing places and got me hooked on the ancient world even though everything
he said was total nonsense, as I found out from learning how proper
archaeologists go about their work.

 Crop circles did me a big favour too because it was photo on the front of the
Fortean Times magazine that made me buy it and that's what started a somewhat
more realistic approach because they would actually look at weird things
objectively to see if they were true.

 This Examiner website does John no favours, they don't seem to have any brake
on finding things out before they leap to the fantastical as they have no
scientific way of evaluating and grading quality of evidence. I think it spoils
the sense of wonder and that's a shame.

    • [Fairfield... salyavin808
      • [Fairf... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • Re... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]