Don't forget the Russians! They bore the brunt of the fighting. Civilian and
military deaths exceeding 20 million - doesn't bear thinking about.

 But, yes, good on the Yanks. And they and the Brits were also taking on the
Japanese Empire at the same time.

 Dream on, without the americans you'd be lost. Or saved, depending on your POW.

 ""We shouldn't feel too bad tomorrow if Germany beat us at our national sport.
After all, we've twice beaten them at theirs"
 It seems Sally has forgotten that without the americans engaging in the war
the brits would speak german with a funny accent today.

 Yeah, we got a few colonists to help out, but we'd have been alright though.
Fight them on the beaches and all that...