On 11/15/2014 4:20 PM, steve.sun...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

nothing really on my mind.

/Today //misplaced my Uber iPhone and that upset me for awhile, so //I had to order a new one. Rita says I am losing it. That got me to thinking about memory and the fact that we live in the past.

Memory is our most important sensory organ. Everything we consciously perceive is at least one-third of a second old. /

I know we had that piece earlier about the brain picking up data before it seems we consciously act on it, and the implications of that for free will vs. determinism.

/The realist is unaware that he has no criterion for the reality or unreality of objects experienced. He has faith in the reality of movie action while it lasts, otherwise he could not really enjoy it.

He has faith in his own action, otherwise how could he really enjoy life. But how reliable is such faith?/

And it was then pointed out, that this might only be for trivial matters.

/Comparison of present paradoxes with past experiences simply involves greater possibilities of error and greater paradoxes. For past experiences, to be compared, must be remembered. But memory often fails us.

What assurance do we have that it is not failing us again? /

right now, my brain just needs a rest. (-:

/Yet, past experiences may have been erroneous consistently. The realist thinks he sees directly back into an existing past which in reality has ceased to exist!/