On 11/16/2014 6:57 AM, Michael Jackson wrote:

The ultimate goal in Tibetan dream yoga is to “apprehend the dream” (attain conscious awareness) then dissolve the dream state. When you are deprived of physical stimulus (from the sleeping body) and conceptual stimulus (from the dreaming mind), you can observe the purest form of conscious awareness.

In /Tibetan Dream Yoga/, maintaining full consciousness while in the dream state is part of /Dzogchen/ training. This is described by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche as /'Rigpa Awareness', /which is very similar to /'witnessing sleep'/ in TM. A process that helps the individual understand the unreality of waking consciousness as phenomena.

*From:* nablusoss1008 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, November 16, 2014 7:19 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: Lucid-dreaming query

Lucid dreaming is the innoscent play of the sub-conscious. That anyone place such importance to this to the extent one would spend time practising "Tibetan-dream-yoga" is a desperate cry for real knowledge.

It's funny when you are having that lucidity in a dream and you look at the characters you are interacting with and think to yourself "You people are just a creation of my fancy" but said characters don't bat an eyelid and just get on with their roles!

My lucid dream last night was also pleasant. And I had the thought that I could awake myself and see my familiar bedroom anytime I wished - which I assume was indeed the case.

When I have had a lucid dream, with the same caveats - spontaneous, no techniques or anything, uncommon, I always find what is unfolding, so compelling, that it doesn't occur to me to want to change direction, or look at my left foot, or whatever. I am always drawn along, usually pleasantly, by the events I am watching and somehow participating in, and just let it go along. I suppose if I had them often, I might want to explore more about them.

So last night I had a lucid experience while dreaming (it's happened a few times before - always involuntary as I've never bothered to follow the "techniques" recommended by devotees of this perception). At least I assume it was a lucid-dream experience - I suppose one could have a normal dream which included the false thought that one was lucid when in fact one wasn't (if you can follow that explanation). What's more, I woke up (for real), mused about the dream for a minute, then fell asleep again and immediately went back into the same dream landscape in the same self-conscious, lucid state.

Now I'd heard that when in a lucid dream you can alter the "dreamscape" to suit yourself. So you might find it amusing to flip over into being a Zero pilot on a kamikaze mission and diving into the Golden Dome in Fairfield. Whatever floats your boat. Anyway, though I was lucidly self-aware that I was indeed dreaming I couldn't change the story narration unfolding before me so just left the dream to run its course while absorbing the novel experience.

My question is: is there some trick to getting the dream to change to suit your whim or is it a case of practice makes perfect? Or maybe most lucid dreams are like mine? Or maybe my will power is feeble compared with my imaginative power and others have a more dominant will?

Anyone had a similar experience?

  • [FairfieldLife]... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
      • [Fairf... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
        • [F... awoelfleba...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]