I never said waking state is all there is.

Your claims about knowing about my level of "success" reveals your inability to
distinguish your internal fantasy about someone, from the reality that you are
not in a position to know. Because you don't like me for my lack of buy-in to
your "story"you wish me ill, and imagine that I am not living a fulfilled life.
Because your ability to distinguish internal feelings from external reality is
compromised, you feel confident with a story you are telling yourself, but are
in no position to know about my actual life. It reveals that your grasp of
reality is tenuous since I am the one who would know if your claim was correct.
You know, by living the life you are speculating about and all.

It is this cognitive flaw that also leads you to believe, beyond all external
evidence, that you are living in a special state of mind with magical
properties. It feels good for you to believe it, so you do.

I don't.

Every time you combine a post accusing me of arrogance while trying to make a
feeble case that you are in some magically superior state of mind than I am,
another angel gets its wings.

 I understand that you are a champion for the waking state, Curtis. So what?
Because you are not established in pure awareness, you assert that your
immature consciousness is the one and only reality. Such arrogance, and
ignorance, combined. On the one hand, your buddy claims he saw a rapist fly
through the air, and on the other, you insist that the waking state is all
there is. My sole conclusion, is that you, and tweedle dee, are quite confused.
Perhaps your life would be more successful, if you didn't close so many doors
on yourself. Just a suggestion. :-)
---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 --In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote :

 Both the Turq's claim that he saw the Lenz-Rama-guy levitate many times and
Curti's claim that "knowledge is not different in different states of
consciousness" loom over these two guys forever.

C: Nabbie with your attention to the details of what I write you could easily
be mistaken for a fanboy.

Yes, this is one of my favorite topics and thanks for reminding me. Let's
revisit it to see if my views have changed

I am denying that Maharishi has made a convincing case for his claim that:

Knowledge is different in different states of consciousness.

The example he used was that when we are sleepy our "knowledge" is different.
When I was a young man, and more easily swayed by my internal feelings when
thinking, I agreed with him. But now I do not find this to be the case. As an
adult professional I have learned how to functions at a certain level mentally
no matter what my level of rest or fatigue. My "knowledge" is not significantly
affected. Being more likely to forget something can happen. But this is a long
way from the breadth of this claim. I would say that fatigue exerts no more
than a 10% influence over my mental abilities. So the comparison falls flat in
my experience. Are you really incapable of doing your job well if you are
tired? Does it make that much of a difference in your functioning really? You
might enjoy it less but that is a different claim.

And as far as extending this into the so called "higher states" as if this
analogy would prove anything about them even if it were true, I call bullshit.
I have seen nothing from any of the so called enlightened guys, Maharishi
included, that couldn't be replicated from anyone familiar with their use of
language and a Hinduism 101 course.

Light some incense:

"The mind is a shallow boat surrounded by the ocean of infinity. The mind
experiences pleasure and pain, It associates with the objects of perception
which sells out the infinite full potential of their inner nature for a
localized, finite experience. When the mind expands into its limitless source,
it becomes one with that infinite nature, and takes on the qualities of
truth,consciousness and bliss awareness, beyond the limitations of space and
time. This is what the ancient rishis called Sat Chit Ananda."

You guess who wrote that from the "knowledge" it contains. Is there anything in
those words that would make it impossible for the writer to be in waking state?
Is there something so different from what a person who was not experiencing
that reality could write, if they knew the language form and structure of the
claims in that philosophy? Can you really tell if that was real or Memorex?

So Nabbie, you defend your teachers assertion that he did not prove. He just
asserted it. Now is your moment to show how your elevated consciousness has
such a superior state of knowledge, that you can turn my objections to ashes
before my eyes. Being scornful of my objections is not an argument. Show us why
we should accept that knowledge is different in different states of
consciousness without resorting to the proof by bogus analogy, blatant
unsupported assertion, or appeal to the authority of Hindu holy books that
Maharishi tried. Do your guru a solid and help him make his case for the
infidels.

But we both know that no one can because you just bought into a belief that
doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Same 3 choices every time you take a swing at me. You can defend your belief
with reasoned argument to convince me where what I wrote was wrong somehow or
missing an important point, you can follow angry Jim and go ad hominem as he
recently did AGAIN, or you can slink away to take another sucker punch another
day, never defending your position or refuting mine with reason, like an
internet troll.

It's a good thing that Richard keep reminding every possible lurker here how
far out of any possible self-insight these two guy's are.