 Re "It takes every ounce of will power to get out of them. ":

That was a nice coincidence: I just posted a msg on the lucid-dreaming thread
about "night terrors" when I registered your discussion of "sleep paralysis"

 Though I've never had to suffer this state I understand that if you do have
that experience you should *not* try to escape using your will power. On the
contrary, you should just relax, let yourself go, and after a few moments try
moving a finger. Making any effort only worsens the situation . . .  didn't MMY
say something like that?

 Maybe he did but if I lie there and do nothing and ride it out, so to speak,
it will just continue for a long time and I hate wanting to come awake but my
body won't cooperate! I start to get claustrophobic (which I'm not when awake)
because I feel this lump of a body lying there and my brain very much wants to
wake up but for some reason it requires the body to respond as well. It is like
you are two people or it is the closest I could imagine to being a quadriplegic.

- -

            • ... salyavin808
            • ... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
            • ... salyavin808