 This could be a complete shambles - or it could be fantastic.
 Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll is a planned fantasy-horror film
by Marilyn Manson that has been in development since 2004! Directed by Marilyn
Manson it stars Marilyn as Lewis Carroll, English model Lily Cole as Alice,
Evan Rachel Wood as Alice's alter ego and British actress Tilda Swinton as
Lewis Carroll's dream wife (the real Lewis Carroll never married). The
"trailer" is adult and avant-garde. I hope Marilyn gets to finish it.

 Prepare yourself . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnVN6QnW-4&amp;list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA&amp;index=5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnVN6QnW-4&amp;list=FLJad8vN225Nr5hDIzlEOYMA&amp;index=5

 I think I would give this a wide pass. I can tell it's going to be a loser and
I didn't even look at the trailer. Chalk it up to intuition.

 So, I just watched about half of that and I have a few observations and a few
questions.

 I found myself getting angry watching this. Then I had to ask myself why was I
getting angry? And I realized a couple of things. Although this thing is truly
horrific and some of the images could stay ingrained your mind for quite some
time I have to say, what is the goddamned point? Do we really lack enough
horrific events in everyday life that we need to recreate more on a big screen
and dole it out to some audience under the guise that this is somehow about
Lewis Carroll? That somehow Marilyn Manson, of all people, has an inside track
on what animated the man? Marilyn Manson is a freak show. If he feels compelled
to spew more ugliness and violence into the world then he needs a reality
check. Ugliness and violence are everywhere - in you and in me and in every
other sentient being that walks the earth - especially if they are human. A
whole lot of the imagery involved dismembered bodies, female bodies and the sex
and the blood and the implied and also graphic imagery gives voice to a really
twisted vision. There is suggested violence against animals as well. It is not
hard to get a rise out of people,  if you want to make a viewer squeamish or
indignant or sick or horrified it is not hard and it is not art. Sometimes when
you see a thing you are also given a visceral impression, a clear indication
that it is best not to allow certain images/vibrations/content into your body
and brain. This appears to be one of those things. Anybody?